D
Posted By
davsf
Mar 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I have converted a photo to line art (Black and White 1-bit depth), can I convert it to full color but where all the black pixels get turned into a color of my choice, like pure red? or blue? or yellow?
I would want all the white pixels to stay white, of course. If there is a way, could someone show me which tabs and options it would be under? littleberry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jjbug
Mar 22, 2006
Good morning,
Is you ultimate for to designate a spot color in order to color separate and what application will you ultimately be working in?
Mar 22, 2006
wrote in message
After I have converted a photo to line art (Black and White 1-bit depth), can I convert it to full color but where all the black pixels get turned into a color of my choice, like pure red? or blue? or yellow?

Change to mode RGB, then use Replace Color (replace black with what you like.) You can also try Mode Duotone if you like.
T
Tacit
Mar 22, 2006
In article ,
wrote:

There are many ways to do it. The one that is most appropriate depends on what you intend to do with the image.

Do you intend to print the image professionally on a printing press using a specific color of ink? If so, you use Image->Mode->Duotone.

Do you just intend to have the image as a computer graphic which you can print on a color printer or see on the screen, but that you are not going to print on a printing press using a spot ink? If so, you have many options. Convert the image to RGB, then use the Replace Color command; or use Image->Adjust->Selective Color and choose Black in the popup menu, then move the sliders to achieve the desired color and brightness; or use Image->Adjust->Curves; or use Image->Adjust->Hue and Saturation in "Colorize" mode…there are other ways to do this as well.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections