Posted By
kit_wilkins
Jul 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have been given a floor plan for a hotel as an image. It is just a black and white image. I would like to make all the detailed black elements in the image change to a specific brown color. How do I do this without losing the integrity of the image?

Thanks

Kit

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Jul 25, 2008
Image… mode… RGB. Then go to layer… new fill layer… solid color. Pick your color and hit ok to the layer. Then make the blend mode of the solid fill color layer Screen.
KW
kit_wilkins
Jul 25, 2008
Thanks. It’s not quite how I want it though. I chose a dark brown color, but when I select "screen" as the blending mode, the result is a lighter brown. Any ideas?
JM
J_Maloney
Jul 25, 2008
Sure. Click back on the background layer icon in the layers palette. Then go to layer… new adjustment layer… levels. Then pull the input shadow slider (black triangle on the left) just under the histogram and pull it to the right. If the preview checkbox is selected you should see it change the darkness of your color in real time.

Basically the screen blend mode turns anything that’s 0,0,0 in RGB into that solid fill color you selected. It sounds like your richest black is more like 40,40,40 (or something higher than 0,0,0) in RGB and needs to be corrected.

J
KW
kit wilkins
Jul 25, 2008
That worked perfectly. Thanks for the explanation too…that makes sense now.

I appreciate your help J.

Kit
JM
J_Maloney
Jul 25, 2008
😀

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections