SK
Posted By
Sandy Kaminski
Dec 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am using MS Windows 2000. I need to write a batch file for video encoding and I don’t have any experience in writting Command prompt or batch programs. Could you help me with this small batch program. Here is what I want to do:
The video files to encode are in folder called: "inputfolder". The folder to store files after they are encoded is called "outputfolder". There are 100 files to encode in "inputfolder". I want to write a batch that would encode all 100 files in a loop. The name of each videofile in "inputfolder" differs from one another with a number in the end of file name. For example: videofile-1, videofile-2, videofile-3, videofile-4,…., videofile-100. I wanted to put the encoding statements into a loop, and use the value of the loop variable "AAA" (see below) to substitute for videofile number: videofile-AAA.

1. Could you help me write a correct code to use in a batch file?

For AAA = 1 to 100

C:\program.exe -i X:\inputfolder\videofile-"AAA".avi -o X:\outputfolder\videofile-"AAA".avi

Next

2. Can you also tell me how to call this batch file from the command prompt window?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sandy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections