Batch command working on two sets of files?

AC
Posted By
Andrew_Chawner
Mar 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Let’s say I have a folder with 100 images in it. These are actually frames from a movie. I also have another folder with another 100 different images in it. I can set up an action to open each of the first set of images sequentially and to place the first image from the second set (along with some subsequent adjustments etc). However, lets say I wanted the action to involve the first image in each set followed by the second image in each set, then the two third and so on? Can this be done?

Cheers

Andrew

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
Try to play with the File Naming section when you run the Batch, try adding 001->100 to the name of the files from one folder and 001a->100a to the files from the other folder, that should make them interweave
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Mar 26, 2009
Andrew, I don’t quite follow what it is You are trying to achieve, but I’m pretty certain that stuff like that should be achievable with Scripting – which might take a bit of getting used to though.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections