MM
Posted By
Mike M
Sep 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to reduce the file size of jpeg photos taken with my Nikon D70 (average size 1.5-2 megabytes to ~100 kbt for publishing on a website. At any time I have 30-100 photos of athletes that I need to reduce in file size to make web publishing manageable.

I have used Adobe Elements to batch process 30-50 photos at a time to reduce the file size to a reasonable downloadable size for users of my site. I cannot figure out how to batch process numerous large jpegs within Photoshop CS to smaller web sized jpeg photos using the batch command. Can anyone tell me how to do this in Photoshop CS?

Thanks,

Mike

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mike Russell
Sep 10, 2004
Mike M wrote:
I have been trying to reduce the file size of jpeg photos taken with my Nikon D70 (average size 1.5-2 megabytes to ~100 kbt for publishing on a website. At any time I have 30-100 photos of athletes that I need to reduce in file size to make web publishing manageable.

I have used Adobe Elements to batch process 30-50 photos at a time to reduce the file size to a reasonable downloadable size for users of my site. I cannot figure out how to batch process numerous large jpegs within Photoshop CS to smaller web sized jpeg photos using the batch command. Can anyone tell me how to do this in Photoshop CS?

Make an action that does the resize, and then include the action in a batch command. Or create a droplet and drag the files or the folder onto the droplet.

NikonView, which comes with your camera, also does a very effective job of batch resizing images, provided they are all in the same folder. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
R
Ryadia_
Sep 10, 2004
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Mike M wrote:

Make an action that does the resize, and then include the action in a
batch
command. Or create a droplet and drag the files or the folder onto the droplet.

NikonView, which comes with your camera, also does a very effective job of batch resizing images, provided they are all in the same folder. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
—————————

Also if you use Windows XP you can download free "power toys" from Microsoft which will resize a whole directory full of files (creates a 2nd directory) with just a few mouse clicks.

Ryadia
N
nomail
Sep 10, 2004
Mike M wrote:

Photoshop has a special ‘Web Gallery’ feature (under the ‘Automate’ menu) that does exactly that. As a bonus, it also creates thumbnails for you and even the HTML, but you can throw away what you don’t need.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections