HP
Posted By
Hannah Pfaff
Aug 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 and installed it. Soon after installation My family and I noticed that ads were popping up for no reason even when we did not have a browser opened. I was wondering if there was some way I could fix this problem? Please give details or where i could find the answer to the problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KW
Kyle White
Aug 10, 2003
Hannah,

I’d say that it probably isn’t due to PE2 being installed, but that you picked up a piece of ad-ware, either from an infected e-mail or web-site at about the time you installed PE2. Or, the presence of the new PE2 installation triggered a piece of ad-ware that had already infected your machine.

I’m going to assume you’re running a version of MS-Windows and have a full time connection to the Internet, so the best advice I can give you is to update and run your virus scanner and then acquire and install a firewall. There are web sites around that will help you track down the beast and eradicate it.

I can’t help much more as I’m on a Mac and am not familiar with the inner workings of Windows.

Good Luck!

Kyle
MM
Mac McDougald
Aug 10, 2003
Nothing to do with Elements.
Just coincidence.

Win XP I’d say. If you are getting popups with no web brower open, disable Windows Messenging.
If that doesn’t do it, download AdAware or SpyBot and run it to ferret out SpyWare.

Mac

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections