MD
Posted By
Michael_Demyan
Nov 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A very disturbing and incessent bug in CS seem to pop-up while correcting multiple images and will not go away unless you reset the machine.
This happens regularly when correcting more than 100 images in a scession. Yet – Adobe has not recognized this as a BUG and has NOT provided a fix. Anyone else have problems with the HELP POP-UP??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 1, 2005
I think you’ll need to provide more detail to get any worth while replies.

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Chirs.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Nov 1, 2005
At least you could tell us what the pop-ups say.
Rob
TM
Trevor_Morris
Nov 1, 2005
I think Jon is refering to the bug that occurs under low-RAM situations, where the Help window/application appears automatically (and multiple instances are opened simultaneously). This is quite an annoying and long-standing bug, but unfortunately no one (to my knowledge) has been able to produce a series of steps to reproduce the bug, which makes it very difficult/unlikely that Adobe will be able to hunt down and correct the problem.

In the mean time, Jon, close all application that you’re not using, and worst case, don’t open so many files at once. Also try limiting the number of histroy steps, first snapshot, etc.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Nov 1, 2005
more than 100 images in a scession

I have not had so many images open at once so I could not answer your question if others have had the same issue. Perhaps if you explained the reason for editing so many images at once, we might offer options for alternative ways to work.

I work on successive animation/film frames often but would never dare open too many files just in case a system error causes all of the edits to be lost.

What kind of RAM, processor and size of images are you working with?
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 1, 2005
I’m not sure this is what the OP meant, but the following is what I think Trevor is referring to:

Multiple Help Files Example <http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7056/adobecrap6xp.jpg>.
JK
Jeremy_Knudsen
Nov 3, 2005
This has happened to me as well…don’t know the cause.
L
LenHewitt
Nov 3, 2005
don’t know the cause.<<

Low available memory situatioins, Jeremy.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections