TW
Posted By
tracey_white
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am an amature Photoshopper so bear with me. I have a bunch of jpgs photos a customer supplied that are RGB. We are a print shop and need to and have converted them to CMYK. They are all a quite a bit too red. How is the best way to lessen the redness??? I am reading the manual but have found nothing so far (that I understand anyway)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Feb 24, 2004
My guess is you have PS broke (you’re not honoring the embedded profile?).

<http://www.gballard.net/psd/honormybleepintag.html>

First turn PS’s colormanagement ON, and see if the files are tagged…

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#setuppsdcm>

If they are not tagged, then you will need to ask the originator what his/her WorkingRGB is (and PS> Image> Mode> Assign (that profile).

If the originator is unavailable (or clueless), I would try PS> Image>Mode> Assign (the profile that best corrects the image) — then edit the file into shape.

Either that or return the job…

+++++

TIP (to get the red lower):
PS> Image> Adjustments> Selective Color (Red, add 5-20 Cyan to start) PS> Image> Adjustments> Hue/Saturation (Red, minus 10 to start)
TW
tracey_white
Feb 24, 2004
Thank you, will try that.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 24, 2004
My guess is that those JPEGs were probably made using the sRGB profile.
B
Buko
Feb 24, 2004
also make sure that your monitor is calibrated properly and the monitor profile is not corrupt
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Feb 24, 2004
How is the best way to lessen the redness???

You could always "forget" to load magenta ink in the press. 😉

(sorry, couldn’t resist)
JS
John_Slate
Feb 24, 2004
Even with all the color management duckies in a row, they could just simply be too red. Like if the originals were too red.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections