Way to remove digital dates especially red dates?

O
Posted By
omiof5
Nov 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know the best solution for the ugly red dates on pictures is to turn off the digital date setting. These are pictures from someone else, though, and he’s intentionally using the setting.

I can do pretty well if the date is on a relatively plain background, but these pictures are of children so there are often striped or patterned backgrounds. I’ve worked with the clone tool but my skills are very weak.

Anyone have a magic solution?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JS
John_Slate
Nov 16, 2006
You can make a magic wand selection of the date and expand the selection a pixel then use the clone tool to clone into the selection.

That way it limits the amount of area that your cloning effects, and might help to hide your weak point.

As far as cloning patterns goes, it’s all about changing the source and destination often.
O
omiof5
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks, John. I think you actually pegged my problem re skill — I haven’t been patient enough using the cloning tool on tiny areas and have tried to duplicate too much too quickly. Will take your advice and practice using small areas. (I do have the magic lasso tool conquered, I think — what a fantastic feature.)

Re the dates, I sure wish the camera manufacturers would find a better way to show digital dates. I think it’s a great feature and understand why my son and daughter-in-law want the images stamped. But some kind of a watery date (more like a watermark) would be nice — anything but red! ;-}

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections