SR
Posted By
Schraven_Robert
Jan 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently discovered red pixels in my images.

A while back in this forum it was mentioned that these are in fact burned out pixels and that this cannot be repaired.
Does that mean that it gets worse up to a point that I need to buy a new camera just because of the large number of red pixels?

Robert

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 26, 2004
Is your camera out of warranty? If not, I think it can be corrected at the factory repair, but if out of warranty it will cost you something. In the US, it is $150 for a Canon.

I think red pixels are called hot pixels and white are the dead ones. They’re pretty common but if they increase and are in the central area of image they are more than a nuisance.

I’ve got one dead one on my edge so far. But who knows what the future holds?
BG
Byron Gale
Jan 26, 2004
Robert,

Could it be that the images in question used a faster ISO setting, and you got some chroma noise?

Byron
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jan 27, 2004
Mark and Byron,

Sorry to reply so late. Posted the thread late evening and it is now early next morning here.

Mark, it is indeed hot pixels I meant. The camera is definitely out of warranty. You are saying that it is something that can be repaired.
Could you tell me what makes hot pixels appear?
I do believe there are getting more but in a random sort of way.

Byron, I know what you are referring to, but I really mean hot pixels.

Robert

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections