Help! Cannot view my web site! Get red x’s when saved as .html file.

PT
Posted By
p_tillman
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to web design, so please bare with me:

After I create a page in Photoshop, and add slices in ImageReady (and tie them to a url) I preview in Explorer and all is fine and dandy. Then I go back to Photoshop to save the file so I can upload it to the web.

Here is the crux: I’m only allowed to save as an .html document and I have to have slices selected. (??) If I then do that and upload it to my remote site and look at it on the site I see nothing!!! Well, I see little red boxes with x in them.

I have a choice of saving the page as a .gif and be able to see it on my site after uploading —but I cannot have any links on the .gif!!
OR
I can save as the prompted .html have the page be ‘clickable’ —-but I cannot see what I"m clicking on!

PLEASE PLEASE help me figure out what I am doing wrong or not doing! Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Cindy
Apr 14, 2004
The red x’s mean your picture isnt there. Be sure you upload them.

It might be really helpful to you if you got a book on basic html. You need to have a basic understanding before anyone can really help. Another choice would be to get into the PS help files and read everything you can about html although for me I would not start with PS.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Apr 14, 2004
Without a link, there could be several reason why images wouldn’t show up.
When you up;oaded the html file.. did you also upload all the images to your server???
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 14, 2004
If you use Save for Web you have the choice of an HTML file and the slices as images in a folder.

Or you could hav Saved Optimized out of ImageReady to get the same thing.

You must upload the html doc and the images folder.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections