DP
Posted By
Dark Phantom
Jul 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to create a webpage using geocities and then importing pages I create on Photoshop and ImageReady. I can’t seem to get the links to work properly. How do I create a webpage on geocities, but still use web pages I am creating in photoshop 7?? HELP!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bobocito
Jul 17, 2003
Can you detail what you have tried, what worked, and at what step things went wrong? Can you post a URL? Specifically, what link(s) work, and which don’t? Images? Internal nav. links? Links to another site?
DP
Dark Phantom
Jul 22, 2003
Okay…here goes… I have created an image in Photoshop 7. An 800 X 600 and made it to my liking. I then sent it to ImageReady where I added some rollover effects. When I was done I previewed it in the browser. I used the URL address at the top of the screen and copied/pasted into the link box while in my geocities pagebuilder. When I previewed it in the browser from pagebuilder and clicked on the link it failed. I didn’t save any of the work so I can’t give you the URL with the failed link. Am I exporting wrong? Thanks for you consideration in my problem.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 22, 2003
you need to move the images to the web server, of course. you also need to keep them in the same relation to the page as they were on your hard disk… i.e. if they were in a sub-folder called "Images" below your page, you need that same relationship on geocities. then you need to cut and paste the IR generated code into the geocities page.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 22, 2003
change the options to save html AND images. then copy the images to geocities and copy/paste the code in the html to your page on geocities.
B
Bobocito
Jul 23, 2003
You need to make sure that the images folder, containing the slices, is "mirrored" on the server. I know there is the ability to make new directories (folders) on geocities. So upload the slices into the Images folder. That’s the easy part.
The IR generated html can stand alone as a web page. Your images will be displayed properly in the table made by IR, and the JavaScript in the HEAD and body of the html document preloads the images and makes the rollovers work. Use your browser to View>Source of the IR page, and you will see the parts of the page laid out between html comments — the Preload Script (see also in the BODY tag for a preload snippit), and the ImageReady Slices. So you need the IR html, unless you want to write your own or use another program like Dreamweaver to do it for you.
I am not sure how best to combine the geocities pagebuilder with an IR made page. If you can paste code into the geocities page, you can do this.
1.Copy from the IR source the preload script including comments, and paste it
into the HEAD section.
2.Copy/paste the Slices code including comments into the BODY section, (after the BODY tag).
3.Copy/paste this piece of code from the BODY tag in the IR page — ONLOAD="preloadImages();"
Make sure it goes into the actual tag of the BODY tag, like this… < BODY BGCOLOR="#595959" ONLOAD="preloadImages();" >

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections