B
Posted By
Buck
Nov 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed PS7.0 for the first time today. I noticed that it installed both Photoshop and ImageReady 7.0. As I look at them I don’t see a difference. I checked the help file and they both share the same help system. I tried looking for a description or any informatin that would indicate what the differences may be, but without reading every word from end to end, I was unable to find the answer.

Would someone please briefly define the differences and let me know which I should use for what?

Thanks for the help.

Buck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Corey
Nov 4, 2004
ImageReady has always been a sub-program included with Photoshop for as long as I’ve been using it (Version 5.0). ImageReady is used more for animation, roll-overs, banners, and optimizing graphics for the Web. ImageReady uses only RGB color mode, and is not suitable for commercial printing. You can create animation or rollover elements in Photoshop, place them in their own individual layers, add layer effects, apply filters, etc. Then you can jump to ImageReady and turn these layers into frames of a movie. You can move the layer elements in each frame without the movement affecting other frames. You can turn on and off layer effects like outer glow or drop shadow in one or all frames. You can copy frames, tween between frames, paste frames, set delay times for each frame or for the animation to repeat or not. It’s fun!

Photoshop is a much more robust program suitable for a variety of graphic applications and printing options. With each upgrade, Photoshop is increasing its vector graphic capabilities. In this regard, it is a far cry from the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand, but it has gained significant ground. The ability to create custom vector shapes, use of vector masks, converting text to lines (shapes or paths) has narrowed the rather large gap between bitmap and vector graphic programs.

I like Photoshop for creating/altering high resolution graphics and photos for printing as well as lower resolution graphics for the Web. I use ImageReady mostly to create animations. For roll-overs, I still use Photoshop and the slice tool, but assemble the rollovers using Dreamweaver.

At the bottom of this page are some links to ImageReady created animations:

http://home.comcast.net/~oneravenlunatic/wens_class/html/gra phics02.htm

Peadge 🙂

"Buck" wrote in message
I just installed PS7.0 for the first time today. I noticed that it installed both Photoshop and ImageReady 7.0. As I look at them I don’t see a difference. I checked the help file and they both share the same help system. I tried looking for a description or any informatin that would indicate what the differences may be, but without reading every word from end to end, I was unable to find the answer.

Would someone please briefly define the differences and let me know which I should use for what?

Thanks for the help.

Buck
B
Buck
Nov 4, 2004
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:59:38 -0800, "Peadge"
wrote:

ImageReady has always been a sub-program included with Photoshop for as long as I’ve been using it (Version 5.0). ImageReady is used more for animation, roll-overs, banners, and optimizing graphics for the Web. ImageReady uses only RGB color mode, and is not suitable for commercial printing. You can create animation or rollover elements in Photoshop, place them in their own individual layers, add layer effects, apply filters, etc. Then you can jump to ImageReady and turn these layers into frames of a movie. You can move the layer elements in each frame without the movement affecting other frames. You can turn on and off layer effects like outer glow or drop shadow in one or all frames. You can copy frames, tween between frames, paste frames, set delay times for each frame or for the animation to repeat or not. It’s fun!
Photoshop is a much more robust program suitable for a variety of graphic applications and printing options. With each upgrade, Photoshop is increasing its vector graphic capabilities. In this regard, it is a far cry from the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand, but it has gained significant ground. The ability to create custom vector shapes, use of vector masks, converting text to lines (shapes or paths) has narrowed the rather large gap between bitmap and vector graphic programs.
I like Photoshop for creating/altering high resolution graphics and photos for printing as well as lower resolution graphics for the Web. I use ImageReady mostly to create animations. For roll-overs, I still use Photoshop and the slice tool, but assemble the rollovers using Dreamweaver.
At the bottom of this page are some links to ImageReady created animations:
Peadge 🙂

"Buck" wrote in message

Thanks for the help.

Buck

Thanks, Peadge,

My only purpose of the program is to crop, resize and adjust brightness and contrast on photos.

I see I still have a lot to learn

Thanks for the help.

Buck
C
Corey
Nov 4, 2004
I would adjust levels before I would adjust brightness or contrast.

Peadge 🙂

"Buck" wrote in message
wrote:

ImageReady has always been a sub-program included with Photoshop for as
long
as I’ve been using it (Version 5.0). ImageReady is used more for
animation,
roll-overs, banners, and optimizing graphics for the Web. ImageReady
uses
only RGB color mode, and is not suitable for commercial printing. You can create animation or rollover elements in Photoshop, place them in their
own
individual layers, add layer effects, apply filters, etc. Then you can
jump
to ImageReady and turn these layers into frames of a movie. You can move
the
layer elements in each frame without the movement affecting other frames. You can turn on and off layer effects like outer glow or drop shadow in
one
or all frames. You can copy frames, tween between frames, paste frames,
set
delay times for each frame or for the animation to repeat or not. It’s
fun!
Photoshop is a much more robust program suitable for a variety of graphic applications and printing options. With each upgrade, Photoshop is increasing its vector graphic capabilities. In this regard, it is a far
cry
from the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand, but it has gained significant ground. The ability to create custom vector
shapes,
use of vector masks, converting text to lines (shapes or paths) has
narrowed
the rather large gap between bitmap and vector graphic programs.
I like Photoshop for creating/altering high resolution graphics and
photos
for printing as well as lower resolution graphics for the Web. I use ImageReady mostly to create animations. For roll-overs, I still use Photoshop and the slice tool, but assemble the rollovers using
Dreamweaver.
At the bottom of this page are some links to ImageReady created
animations:
Peadge 🙂

"Buck" wrote in message

Thanks for the help.

Buck

Thanks, Peadge,

My only purpose of the program is to crop, resize and adjust brightness and contrast on photos.

Thanks for the help.

Buck
B
Buck
Nov 4, 2004
That’s it! I was a little brain-dead at that time of night.

🙂

Thanks for the help.

Buck

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 04:28:05 -0800, "Peadge"
wrote:

I would adjust levels before I would adjust brightness or contrast.
Peadge 🙂

"Buck" wrote in message
wrote:

ImageReady has always been a sub-program included with Photoshop for as
long
as I’ve been using it (Version 5.0). ImageReady is used more for
animation,
roll-overs, banners, and optimizing graphics for the Web. ImageReady
uses
only RGB color mode, and is not suitable for commercial printing. You can create animation or rollover elements in Photoshop, place them in their
own
individual layers, add layer effects, apply filters, etc. Then you can
jump
to ImageReady and turn these layers into frames of a movie. You can move
the
layer elements in each frame without the movement affecting other frames. You can turn on and off layer effects like outer glow or drop shadow in
one
or all frames. You can copy frames, tween between frames, paste frames,
set
delay times for each frame or for the animation to repeat or not. It’s
fun!
Photoshop is a much more robust program suitable for a variety of graphic applications and printing options. With each upgrade, Photoshop is increasing its vector graphic capabilities. In this regard, it is a far
cry
from the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand, but it has gained significant ground. The ability to create custom vector
shapes,
use of vector masks, converting text to lines (shapes or paths) has
narrowed
the rather large gap between bitmap and vector graphic programs.
I like Photoshop for creating/altering high resolution graphics and
photos
for printing as well as lower resolution graphics for the Web. I use ImageReady mostly to create animations. For roll-overs, I still use Photoshop and the slice tool, but assemble the rollovers using
Dreamweaver.
At the bottom of this page are some links to ImageReady created
animations:
Peadge 🙂

"Buck" wrote in message

Thanks for the help.

Buck

Thanks, Peadge,

Thanks for the help.

Buck

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections