HELP! Imageready webpage returns the screen back to the top when a button is clicked

C
Posted By
confused
Sep 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I made a web page in Imageready

Halfway down the page I have three butons on the left

Click button one and the picture in the middle of the screen shows picture 1 Click button two and the picture in the middle of the screen shows picture 2 Click button three and the picture in the middle of the screen shows picture 3

The problem I’m having is that whenever you click on one of these buttons the screen goes goes to the top.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

You can check it out here:
https://home.comcast.net/~joebayspif/index.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Corey
Sep 11, 2004
I’ve never built a web site using ImageReady, but am very familiar with this problem when using Dreamweaver.
In your array, you have your <a href="#"…>. Using a # will always result in the page jumping back to the top, especially if there is no anchor assigned to it. Luckily, there is a way around this. Instead of using "#", use "javascript:;". That should do it. That’s what I usually use when using mouse events to show or hide layers, especially if they are down near the bottom of the page.

Nice site by the way. 🙂

Corey 🙂

wrote in message
I made a web page in Imageready

Halfway down the page I have three butons on the left

Click button one and the picture in the middle of the screen shows picture
Click button two and the picture in the middle of the screen shows picture
Click button three and the picture in the middle of the screen shows
picture 3
The problem I’m having is that whenever you click on one of these buttons the screen goes goes to the top.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

You can check it out here:
https://home.comcast.net/~joebayspif/index.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections