A
Posted By
antonioconte
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I try and "edit in imageready" it says "could not complete this operation. The file was not found"

then the clock appears and starts going round and round?

Using Photoshop version 9.0
Using imageready 9.0

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 31, 2007
Perhaps there’s something wrong with your install? Has it always been this way? Have you tried trashing/resetting Preferences? A little more information might help.
A
antonioconte
Jan 31, 2007
nope. It worked fine on my powerbook 1.67mhz model. THis is a new macbook Pro 17?

How can I reset the preferences for imageready & Photoshop then?
B
Bernie
Jan 31, 2007
it worked fine on my powerbook 1.67mhz model. THis is a new macbook Pro 17?

Then it’s a new install and something may be wrong with it as Ed suggested.

See the FAQ for how to reset your preferences
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 31, 2007
Also, it might be relevant to know how that file got onto your machine. Did you transfer it from the other computer? Does it do this with all files or just one? File could have been corrupted in transit.

The fact that it worked okay on the other computer probably has no bearing on the problem.
A
antonioconte
Jan 31, 2007
HI Ed, think you are right, seems like it was the file! thanks

Also, CS2 sems to run really slow now on my new Macbook Pro 17? slower than my 1.67 powerbook 17? same amount of ram. why is this? can I do anything to speed it up?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 31, 2007
I really don’t know. I’d look at the installation. Did you repair permissions before and after and all the stuff you are supposed to do? Memory allocated correctly, etc.?

I have no experience with CS2 or newer (than two years old) Macs.
ML
Mark_Larsen
Jan 31, 2007
Antonio the macbook pro is intel chipped so CS2 is running under rosetta have you not read the pdf at top of forum about running Adobe’s apps under this.
A
antonioconte
Jan 31, 2007
thanks, I’ll haev a read.
B
Buko
Jan 31, 2007
Update to 9.0.2

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections