Posted By
Don Stouder
Jul 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone,

When using PSE Version 2 and I suspect PS Album on PCs set for 800×600 screen resolution, the dialog box from selecting File > Print Layouts > Picture Package is too large to see all of the selection boxes. It does not shrink be dragging corners, and can not be moved high enough to see its bottom.

It appears to be ok if I switch resolution to 1024×768, but I would like to avoid this if possible. The PCs are in a computer lab and are set at 800×600 as a standard.

I know I have used PSE at 800×600 resolution in the past without problems using Win 98. The PCs in question are using Win XP.

Is there some font or screen display option that can be used so that the complete dialog box can be seen?

TIA

Don S.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth Haney
Jul 19, 2003
I know you’re looking for a quick, easy answer to this one, too, but you might be disappointed!

There aren’t any options within Elements to get that to display differently. The way various screens come up seems very dependent on monitor resolution. Now, I do happen to have this monitor set at 832 X 624, which isn’t a lot different than 800 X 600, but I can see everything. Do you have any resolution choices between 800 X 600 and 1024 X 768? You might be able to creep upward enough to get the full screens without reducing the size too much.
DS
Don Stouder
Jul 20, 2003
Beth,

Thanks once a gain for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I do not have a choice between 800×600 and 1024×768. But at least I knbow now that there is no quick solution or something I’m missing.

Is there somewthing different between Win 98 and XP in this regards? I thought for sure that I did not have this trouble in Win 98 at some time. ???

Thanks again,

Don S.
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 20, 2003
I can’t answer your question about the differences between the two OSs; I have two Win machines, with 98 on one and XP on the other, but I’ve never gotten to know or understand either too intimately. I use one of my Macs unless absolutely necessary. 🙂
NS
Nancy S
Jul 20, 2003
Ron,

Another ‘I don’t know if it will work…’Is the box ticked above work area which says ‘fit window to screen’ or something like that.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections