Make photoshop larger (on a high resolution screen)

AR
Posted By
Adam_Rigdon
Oct 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My monitor runs at 1920×1200 pixels. I’ve changed the windows DPI settings and most programs obey this rule and everything appears proportionatly larger. However, photoshop does not. See this image to see how small everything is on my screen: < http://adamrgolf.selfip.com/dump/1223299231_1720_photoshop.p ng>

Does anyone know how I can make everything (tool buttons, panels, etc) larger?

Thanks for any help!

Adam

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Oct 6, 2008
Looks good to me!

Maybe you need glasses?
AR
Adam_Rigdon
Oct 6, 2008
Hehe, it looks good to you because you probably viewed the image fullscreen, so the icons are the same size – try scaling that image to fit your monitor and you’ll see the size of the icon’s I’m dealing with.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Oct 6, 2008
My monitor runs at 1920×1200 pixels.

At what physical size? It seems okay here too.

If you want to set everything to be larger than the default for that resolution, why use that particular resolution?

you probably viewed the image fullscreen

Are you not doing the same?
AR
Adam_Rigdon
Oct 6, 2008
Your probably right, I’ll just lower my resolution settings. I was just hoping there was a setting I was overlooking to make buttons and such bigger in Photoshop.
P
Phosphor
Oct 6, 2008
" I’ll just lower my resolution settings."

Best practice with LCD monitors is to run them at their native resolution.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_resolution>
P
Phosphor
Oct 6, 2008
most programs obey this rule and everything appears proportionatly larger.

Hmmm… I think proportionally smaller is what would be expected.
PS
Paulo_Skylar
Oct 6, 2008
If I understand correctly, you want to have your "buttons and such" larger, but probably want the images you work on to be unchanged. I am not aware of that capability in PS.

The last thing you want to do is lower your display resolution settings since your image quality will degrade, with some settings dramatically. Each monitor has a pixel size, for example, your active display height divided by 1200. If a button is say 30 pixels high then 30 times the pixel size is the height of that button. If that is too small for you, then you should get a display with a larger pixel size.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections