Suppress "Tablet Version Mismatch" dialog box.

T
Posted By
typingcat
Jan 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an old Wacom Graphire 1 tablet. I have installed the driver for it. Since I rarely use tablet and it seems that it consumes memory and CPU, I have stopped the tabletservice. When I need to use the tablet, I simply turn the service on by tyiping "net start tabletService" All works fine but there’s one problem. When the tabletService is not running, if I try to run Photoshop a dialog box appears twice saying "Tablet Version Mismatch". Is there any way to suppress this dialog? With old wacom driver, this message box didn’t appear, but with the lastest driver, this dialog box appears.

Is there any workaround to suppress this dialog box without 1)runing the TabletService service or 2)Installing old tablet driver instead?

Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 9, 2007
"Cat" wrote in message
I have an old Wacom Graphire 1 tablet. I have installed the driver for it. Since I rarely use tablet and it seems that it consumes memory and CPU, I have stopped the tabletservice.

Noticably? Run Task Manager and check the performance tab and see how things differ with the service running and stopped.

When I need to use the tablet, I
simply turn the service on by tyiping "net start tabletService" All works fine but there’s one problem. When the tabletService is not running, if I try to run Photoshop a dialog box appears twice saying "Tablet Version Mismatch". Is there any way to suppress this dialog? With old wacom driver, this message box didn’t appear, but with the lastest driver, this dialog box appears.
Is there any workaround to suppress this dialog box without 1)runing the TabletService service or 2)Installing old tablet driver instead?
Thank you.

It obviously knows that the device driver is different (newer)to what is in its preferences file or similar. You could try deleting this file as per the help instructions.
Hold down the ctrl+alt+shift keys and start PS, you should get a dialogue box up asking if you want to delete the file. You do, a new one will be created with, hopefully, the correct hardware info.

MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections