Dialog Box problem on Dual Screen (Nvidia)

SC
Posted By
Sam_Clough
Jan 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.

Im running Photoshop CS (8.0) on a Dell Precision M65 with a Nvidia Quadro FX350M graphics card.I have a dual screen setup (laptop as 1 screen, LCD as 2nd screen), with photohop running on the 2nd monitor.

My problem is that certain dialog boxes (stroke, layer styles, colour picker) are popping up on the laptop screen by default and I cant seem to get them to stay on the 2nd monitor.

The Nvidia ‘nView’ desktop manager has a myriad of settings, including customised interface settings for applications, such as whether the application can span screen, be moved, where it should launch etc. I have made sure that every possible setting relating to dialog boxes is set to stay on the LCD, but still the colour picker and others etc pop up on the laptop screen.

Standard dialog boxes (such as warnings and errors) and everythig else (new canvases etc) are popping up correctly on the 2nd screen, so I cant work out whats different about these.

Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help?
Thanks in anticipation.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SC
Sam_Clough
Feb 5, 2007
Blatent bump.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2007
I know ati’s desktop manager (hydravision) has a force dialog to screen x option. i’m guessing that nview does to (although i don’t use it.) it drove me nuts until i found it when i was using ati and inadvertantly turned it on. i suggest you keep going through the nview options again until you find it.

(ps you should be able to confirm that it’s the nview sw by turning it off then running ps).
BD
Brent_DeGraaf
Feb 6, 2007
Another approach is to identify the second screen as your primary monitor using the Graphics Properties dialog (right-click the desktop, choose properties and click the settings tab, then select your external monitor and click the checkbox that says "Use this device as the primary monitor").
SC
Sam_Clough
Feb 8, 2007
Hi. Thank you for your respoinses.

Turning off the Nview desktop manager altogether partially fixed the problem, but now ‘error’ and ‘new window’ dialog boxes are appearing back on the Laptop screen! However I can live with this, As I dont use thse as often.

I will try changing the default monitor as you suggest and see if that works.

Thanks again

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections