Format photo for outlook express staionary/background??

RK
Posted By
r kloss
Jul 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,
I need to know how to format size and resolution a 4×6 scanned photo in adobe photoshop elements so that i may use it as the background or stationary in an email(ms/outlook)? many thanks for your help … becky

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Jul 15, 2003
Becky,

MS Outlook stationery is just an html page that’s stored on your local disk drive. You can include either jpg or gif files for the images. I’d use jpg for photographs.

You won’t need high resolution but don’t worry about that right now. Scan it in using whatever you’re comfortable with and adjust the image in Elements. When you have it the way you want, save it using "save for web". On the right hand side of the save for web dialog there will be a box that says "new size" and contains a width and height box. Make sure the "constrain proportions" box has a check mark in it then set the width or height to whatever you want. There are no specific requirements but don’t make it too big. I’d start at 250 pixels and try that. You can preview using the "preview in" button at the bottom and adjust the size until you’re happy with it. Then press OK and save it.

You’ll need to put the name of the image in an html file and save both it and the jpg in the stationary folder on your disk drive. That should be c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\stationery.

Take a look at the existing files for examples of how you do it.

There are "how to" pages for making outlook stationery. Do a search with google to find them. I don’t use stationery myself so I’m not a good source for more detailed questions.

Good luck,
Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections