Posted By
D_C_G
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello and thanks for the help,

I’m interested in getting a large format scanner to preserve some old newspapers, as well as photographs and negatives. It would be nice, but not necessary, if such a scanner could also replace an Epson Perfection 4870 (Digital ICE scanner).

I’m interested in hearing from people who have experience (good and bad) with the current crop of PC compatible large format scanners.

Again, thanks for the help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LK
Leen_Koper
Jul 29, 2004
I had the same problem and used the panorama tool to join the scans. Until a colleague told to use a digital camera on a copy stand instead. I felt pretty dumb I didnot think about it myself.
Much easier, sufficient resolution and it saves quite some time.

Use the macro facility to copy the negatives; the easiest way is to use a small piece of tape to tape the negatives to a window and a sheet of white paper on the other side of the -preferably double glazed- window. A few months ago I had to reproduce from a few hundred 5×7 negatives. I taped a clamp to the window, stopped down the camera to F16 and it took me less than a few hours. All came out perfectly.

Leen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections