Scanned image printed larger tan 100%. Why?

RA
Posted By
reniers.a
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I don’t understand why this is happening. Hope someone else does.. I’m not even sure where the problem is: in Photoshop, my scanning habits or the printer…

Here’s the setup and problem.. I spent a lot of time working in my study, so over the years I have developed a habit of making a copy of my favorite cd’s to keep there permanently. I copy my cd, scan the inlay and cover on my Umax 3450 with Vistascan 3.75 at 300 dpi and 100%, open the file in Photoshop (just upgraded to 7.0 ) and print the image at 100%. Simple and effective…

Recently I have formatted my C-drive and reinstalled my software (some obscure setting changed?), upgraded to Photoshop 7.0 and bought an Epson R800 photoprinter. With this setup I do not seem to be able to perform my old trick anymore. I still scan at 300 dpi, 100%, I still print at 100% in Photoshop, yet everything I print comes out enlarged, say about 10%. Just tried another print in Photoshop: before printing I checked the image size and canvas size, which matched the original to the millimeter: 28.6×18,7 cm. Then I printed. The print came out at 29.6×20.1 cm! Both Vistascan and Photoshop are set at 100%.

I cannot find any setting that’s causing this. I next tried Nero cover designer, made sure that the picture was well within the borders of the template, and lo and behold, this print came out enlarged as well… :0( Hmm, this suggests that Photoshop has nothing to do with it. But still, someone may have encountered this before. Is it my printer? Scanning resolution in combination with the printer?

What’s going wrong? Or, wat am I doing wrong :0) ?

I do hope someone will be able to point me in the right direction..

TIA,
Annette Vondra

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections