JS
Posted By
Jerry Schwartz
Aug 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to take a photo, add a drop shadow and mount the photo and shadow on a larger colored background that I can save as jpg for use on a web page. I can add the shadow, but cannot figure out how to mount it on a colored background that would then match the background of the web page. I have been able to create a new layer that is larger, with the right color, but how do I get it to drop behind the layer with the picture and drop shadow?
I have the feeling that I should know how to do this, but all the books I have don’t explain.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
paul
Aug 10, 2003
Just drag your color layer below the picture/shadow layer in the layers pallet. Of course, you won’t be able to do this if the picture/shadow layer is a locked background layer.

To change a background layer to a normal layer, double click on the layer in the layers pallet.

Hope this helps.

Paul Cowan
www.iconix.biz

"Jerry Schwartz" wrote in message
I need to take a photo, add a drop shadow and mount the photo and shadow
on a larger colored background that I can save as jpg for use on a web page. I can add the shadow, but cannot figure out how to mount it on a colored background that would then match the background of the web page. I have been able to create a new layer that is larger, with the right color, but how do I get it to drop behind the layer with the picture and drop shadow?
I have the feeling that I should know how to do this, but all the books I
have don’t explain.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections