R
Posted By
Rod
Jun 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help please! Trying to get consistent results, scanning and printing from 6×7 and 6×6 slides. I’m getting very poor
results from perfectly exposed Provia 100F – these slides are about as good as slides get so it shouldn’t be difficult
should it?. This colour management thing is taking years off my life. Epson Stylus Photo 1290, Epson, Perfection 3200,
Iiyama A901HD monitor, PSE2, Vuescan (48) or Epson scan. Been playing with Qimage today with a little success. Yes, I
calibrated the monitor as best I can with Adobe Gamma. Tried all sorts of colour spaces + printer driver settings.
I wonder if anyone can point me to a site that will walk me through this a step at a time with simple explanations of
what the settings are doing. I haven’t yet tried any of the profiling tools in Vuescan 48 – I only downloaded that
version yesterday, but I think I need to understand and get the basic settings right before I start putting in custom
profiles.

Thanks

Rod

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections