Posted By
cc
Sep 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What I’m using:
I have taken photos with a Canon 10D digital camera set on Adobe RGB color profile,
I use Adobe Photoshop 6.0 for opening the file, and in photoshop, my color settings are set to Adobe RGB (1998)
and when I print, I am printing the Adobe RGB for the print space.

What my problem is:
I have erased a small area of the photo to attempt to get a value of pure white 255 for all three colors, and it appears white in photoshop, but when it prints to my HP Photosmart printer, the "white" area has a tinge of yellow beige.
Shouldn’t it be as white as the HP photo paper premium glossy paper that it is printe on?

Solutions?:
Any help is much appreciated. What I’m trying to do is to make sure that I accurate reproduces skin and teeth tones as accurately as possible but I’m having this stumbling block I’m trying to overcome.

Thanks,
Chris

—————————————————-
This mailbox protected from junk email by MailFrontier Desktop from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Jim
Oct 1, 2004
"cc" wrote in message
What I’m using:
I have taken photos with a Canon 10D digital camera set on Adobe RGB color profile,
I use Adobe Photoshop 6.0 for opening the file, and in photoshop, my color settings are set to Adobe RGB (1998)
What my problem is:
I have erased a small area of the photo to attempt to get a value of pure white 255 for all three colors, and it appears white in photoshop, but
when
it prints to my HP Photosmart printer, the "white" area has a tinge of yellow beige.
Shouldn’t it be as white as the HP photo paper premium glossy paper that
it
is printe on?

Solutions?:
Any help is much appreciated. What I’m trying to do is to make sure that
I
accurate reproduces skin and teeth tones as accurately as possible but I’m having this stumbling block I’m trying to overcome.

Thanks,
Chris
Have you created a profile for your monitor? (unlikely to agree with Adobe RGB)
I use an Epson 1280, and I use the profile that Adobe or Epson supplied (not certain which one did this).
The result is that I am quite happy with the output.
You set up the printer through the Print with Preview tab.

In your case, the printer is putting a small amount of the yellow ink on the paper when it should not.
Jim
MR
Mike Russell
Oct 1, 2004
"cc" wrote in message
What I’m using:
What my problem is:
I have erased a small area of the photo to attempt to get a value of pure white 255 for all three colors, and it appears white in photoshop, but when it prints to my HP Photosmart printer, the "white" area has a tinge of yellow beige.
Shouldn’t it be as white as the HP photo paper premium glossy paper that it is printe on?

Solutions?:
Any help is much appreciated. What I’m trying to do is to make sure that I accurate reproduces skin and teeth tones as accurately as possible but I’m having this stumbling block I’m trying to overcome.
Thanks,
Chris

One possible cause for the yellow is that your monitor color temp is set too low. If you set it to 5000K aka D50 in Adobe Gamma, try upping it to 6500. If it’s already at 6500, you can try playing around with the monitor color temp, but that’s probably not the problem.

You could just have hosed up color settings. Check out Ian Lyons (there are versions for each version of Photoshop, so look around a bit if you are not using CS):
http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac.htm

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
JM
John McWilliams
Oct 1, 2004
Mike Russell wrote:

"cc" wrote in message

What I’m using:
What my problem is:

Solutions?:
Thanks,
Chris

One possible cause for the yellow is that your monitor color temp is set too low. If you set it to 5000K aka D50 in Adobe Gamma, try upping it to 6500. If it’s already at 6500, you can try playing around with the monitor color temp, but that’s probably not the problem.

You could just have hosed up color settings. Check out Ian Lyons (there are versions for each version of Photoshop, so look around a bit if you are not using CS):

Some how, the "erasing" part of the image to get a white point seems off.

John McWilliams
MR
Mike Russell
Oct 1, 2004
John McWilliams wrote:
Mike Russell wrote:

"cc" wrote in message

What I’m using:
What my problem is:

Solutions?:
Thanks,
Chris

Some how, the "erasing" part of the image to get a white point seems off.

Try specifying, as per the Lyons web page, Printer Color Management instead of Adobe RGB.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections