Posted By
Jean Pierre Daviau
Oct 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi to the experts,

I have a 60Gig Photon 2.5 WindowsXP compatible external drive.

Would photoshop7 accept it as a secondary drive?

Thanks for your attention.

Jean Pierre Daviau
http://www.jeanpierredaviau.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
noone
Oct 19, 2006
In article <jxOZg.5507$ says…
Hi to the experts,

Thanks for your attention.

Jean Pierre Daviau
http://www.jeanpierredaviau.com

In general, yes. Specifically, I do not know. I hooked up several Maxtor 250GB oneTouch HDDs as Scratch on a laptop. I tried USB & FW (400) connections, and they worked. Bill Hilton, who contributes here did some benchmarks and I did a few as well. We seemed to get a noticeable difference in out tests, and I plan on following up a few of his suggestions, but have not had the time. Anyway, PS worked with this arrangement, but I’m not sure if it hurt performance with larger files. Since I only had one ULTRA100 60GB HDD, any Scratch Disk, USB/ FW, etc. should be a bit of a help. Whether yours will work, I cannot say. Let us know what you find out, as this is a fairly common question.

Hunt
J
Jimmy
Oct 19, 2006
"Jean Pierre Daviau" wrote in message
Hi to the experts,

If XP recognizes the drive, then there should be no problem with Photoshop using it as a secondary drive. I wouldn’t use an external drive for a Photoshop scratch disk, the transfer rates are slower than your internal drive.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections