How do you create this effect?? (pic’s link inside) HELP!!!

AM
Posted By
Amit_Malhotra
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi everyone, just saw this text on some page and was wondering if it’s possible to create the same using photoshop. the image link is <http://www.agoraphobicnosebleed.com/anbzoom.gif> If that doesnt work, just go to <http://www.agoraphobicnosebleed.com/bio.htm> and check out the band’s logo on the top of the page. the thing in the logo that struck me the most was this dyamic yet static effect that the image gives. i mean the first time i saw it, i was like amazing gif but after some time i realized it’s just a jpeg. So please please reply

Thanks a trizillion in advance,
amit

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
E._Segen
Jul 28, 2004
Radial blur using zoom… Play around a bit and you shouldn’t have much trouble getting the same thing.
AM
Amit_Malhotra
Jul 28, 2004
sorry, but i am a complete n00b ad would highly appreciate if you could give me a more detailed answer, if you know what i mean. Thanks again 🙂

amit
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Jul 28, 2004
PLEASE read the manual and/or help files right away. Do not try these effects before you read about the basics. Everyone needs to start somewhere, and they are the best place to start.

Create the text using the text tool (T). Then Flatten your image by going to "Layer-Flatten Image". Then go to "Filter-Blur-Radial Blur…" and set it to "Zoom". Press "OK" to apply the effect.
AM
Amit_Malhotra
Jul 28, 2004
wow guys, that was just amazing. Thanks thanks thanks again 🙂
E
E._Segen
Jul 28, 2004
Yes, filters can do nifty things… The only problem is that they look like something done by a nifty filter which is why we instantly knew exactly how they did it.

Jonathan gave you the best advice when he suggested the manual. You could produce something SO much better than what you are trying to recreate with a little time going through the manual… and if you aren’t one for heavy books, a google search for "photoshop tips" would probably knock your socks off. 🙂
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 28, 2004
Apart from that, it looks pretty awful anyway!

JJ
E
E._Segen
Jul 30, 2004
Sorry for that tangled message, I started out talking to you John, and then changed track in mid sentence… That’s what I get for not proofreading before posting. :rolleyes:

I agree about your last comment there too… Why he would want to "copy" that look is beyond me. 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections