Posted By
noir_moon
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

This is a newbie question.., but I desperately need help.

I have a black background and want to create a white rectangle with rounded corners. I want the borders of the box to be white and the inside to be whatever color the background is. In this case the background is black.

I then would like to write text inside this box.

Can anyone please help? I know this may be simple to some.., but I’m a newbie and this problem is driving me crazy. I have Photoshop 7.

Thanks so much in advance,

Amy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Nov 21, 2003
You’ll need to make two layers. One text layer, and one path layer drawn with the shape tool.

Once drawn, your box will not be recognized as a rectangle, but as a drawn path. You can resize it with the direct selection tool (white arrow in the pen pop-up toolbox). Using this tool, drag a selection are around one half of the shape and resize by moving that side away from the centre (e.g.: up for the top half) with the arrow+shift key or cursor keys.

The text can be linked to the rectangle using the layers palette, then aligned using the move tool.
Z
zippy2000
Nov 21, 2003
First, you need to familiarize yourself with the vector shape tools (see the Adobe Help files that came with photoshop.

That being said here is a path to follow (someone out in forumland may have a better suggestion). Here is mine:

Layer 1>Create the rounded rectangle (remember to check the corner radius) using the shape tools with the background color. Now go to Layer>Layer Style>Stroke. Set the stroke to the width and color as so desired.

Layer 2 – Text> After you have created the rectangle, make a new text layer by mouse dragging the text box to the desired dimensions and input your text. Just make sure layer 1 is bellow layer 2.

Hope this helps. If you got any more questions, just ask away 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections