Justin Barcelos
Jul 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What do you mean "of 2)"?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RC
Ron Comeau
Jul 16, 2003
You could try duplicating the layer and "colorizing" the top layer. Go to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation, check "colorize" and move the Hue and Saturation sliders until you see what you like. Then create a layer mask on that layer and paint out the areas you don’t want colorized.
JB
Justin Barcelos
Jul 17, 2003
Well i tried it out and it did really turn out the same… it just seemed like the whole picture was tinted a different color. But then again i’m not sure what u mean by taking a "5×5" sample of the lips. Come to think of it i’m not sure how 2 create a HUE blend mode either. Ron Comeau’s idea works sorta… just a pain staking effort to colorize and go keep going back 2 erase what i dont want colored
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 17, 2003
i’m not sure how 2 create a HUE blend mode either.

Then you wouldn’t be able to re-create it.

Here’s step by step.

Click on the eyedropper tool. Look in the options bar and set it for 5×5 sampling area instead of point sample or 3×3.

We gotta find the right blue, so all I did was use the eyedropper with that setting and I clicked on the lips of the blue example you provided. Now that blue is the foreground color.

Click on the UNcolored pic to make it active. In the layers pallet click on Adjustment Layer button (half white/half black circle at the bottom of the pallet). A menu appears, choose Solid Color and accept whatever shows up.

Now look at the layers pallet. You have two layers, a blue one on top of your picture. Just above that in the layers pallet is a dropdown box that says Normal. Click the dropdown and long list of blend modes appear. Towards the bottom is HUE. Click that.

Make sense?

Peace,
Tony
JB
Justin Barcelos
Jul 17, 2003
Hey thats great!! holy crap thats pretty easy. The other way gives u more control over what u want colored but this is exactly what I want! Thanks for all the help!
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 17, 2003
The other way gives u more control over what u want colored

Exactly and you can use techniques like that when you want to partially colorize an image.

Glad you got it sorted.

Peace,
Tony
JB
Justin Barcelos
Jul 17, 2003
Hey thats great!! holy crap thats pretty easy. The other way gives u more control over what u want colored but this is exactly what I want! Thanks for all the help!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections