GS
Posted By
gregory_sgambato
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can this be done using photoshop 7.0 for MAC?

Ok, I am creating a poster for Cabaret for which I have created a ripped paper effect. I’m using several different color photos within the poster that I merged the layers so I can rip portions of the image. Now I would like to add a wrinkle paper effect to my background merged layer to appears as though the poster was ripped down and crumbled up and then placed back up. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Greg S.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PH
Paul_Hokanson
Apr 5, 2004
Greg,

There are some texture maps that look like wrinkled paper around the net… but I’d suggest scanning an actual wrinkled piece of paper and laying that into your composition (perhaps duplicating it over another layer and playing with opacity and composite types like overlay, etc). if I understand your description, another thing you can do is print out your finished piece (before wrinkles) on an inket, wrinkle THAT print up to your liking, then scan that one back in for the background.
GS
gregory_sgambato
Apr 5, 2004
Thanks Paul. I think I will try both methods you listed. I was hoping that with the right combination of actions in photoshop I could transform my existing file into a wrinkle look. Would you know of any free plugins for photoshop that I could try?

-Greg
M
macmanx
Apr 6, 2004
Greg, I suspect Xenofex 2 (PS plugin) by Alien Skin is just what you’re looking for. Sorry to say though, its not free.

Three of the effects in the plugin (fourteen total) you’re after (Crumble, Cracks and Rip Open) are part of the bundle. Here’s a description for Crumble from the manual…

Crumple simulates the result of balling up of a flat object, such as a piece of paper, and then flattening it back out. Crumple works great on entire images and discrete objects, such as text. Run the Crumple filter and adjust the control sliders until you have achieved the desired effect.

If I were you, I’d go to their web site and check it out. I have it, and use it quite a bit for special effects. Its one of the better PS plugins out there. While you’re there, also take a peek at Eye Candy 4000…another terrific plugin from them.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections