mcyi2mr3
Feb 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi all

im a developer so i dont use ps much.

please remind me, how do you make a layer transparent? and how do you fade a layer to white? and finally how do you merge a selected set of layers into 1?

thanks

marc

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
MisterOwl
Feb 23, 2007
On Feb 23, 2:57 am, ""
wrote:
hi all

im a developer so i dont use ps much.

please remind me, how do you make a layer transparent?

In the Layers palette, there’s an Opacity field. Set that # to the opacity/transparency you desire.

and how do you fade a layer to white?

Using a gradient mask is probably the least destructive method. Do a quick google search, I’m sure you can find many tutorials on how to do it. Conversely, a blurred layer of white overlay or erasing using a soft brush with a layer of white underneath can produce the same result, but isn’t as elegant.

and finally how do you merge a selected set of layers into 1?

Control-click to select the layers you wish to merge in the Layers palette, then right-click one of them and select ‘Merge Layers’. Often it’s better to create a new group using those layers though, if you think you’ll want to edit any of them individually in the future.

HTH
J

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections