JB
Posted By
Jack_Bynes
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 7.0 with the latest updates on Windows XP with 528 meg RAM. I’m batch scanning slides with a Nikon SL 2000 and Nikon SF-200 batch scanning attachment. After 3 successful scans the following message appears: " Could not complete the import command because of a problem with the acquisition module interface." This happens with and without using the batch scanning attachment. To continue scanning I have to exit and re-enter Photoshop. After 3 scans the same message appears. Re-booting the computer does not help. I have 40 years of slides to scan. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
brent_bertram
Jul 19, 2004
Jack,
I’d investigate Vuescan by Ed Hamrick at <http://www.hamrick.com> as a scan engine. It will do you a lot better job if you have that many slides to scan. Ed has a demo on his site that you can try out. Many transparency scanner users have switched to Vuescan as a scan engine.

🙂

Brent
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 20, 2004
Yep.
I also have LS-2000, use VueScan with it for several years now.

If you have LOTS of slides to scan, believe me, especially with a batch feeder of 50 at a time, you do NOT want to TWAIN them into a program where they sit, unsaved, waiting for system resources to bomb.

Mac
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 20, 2004
Or of course you can use NikonScan in standalone mode also, meant to mention. NikonScan *will* save the scan to files automatically in batch mode, right? (I can’t remember, since I’ve used VueScan for so long, which *does* save each one as it goes).

Mac
JB
Jack_Bynes
Jul 22, 2004
Thanks for the help. I’ll give VueScan a try.

Jack

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections