A
Posted By
A._Amri
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m confused about Camera Raw files. I want to access them, but I don’t know how. I have a Canon S30. I remove my Compact Flash card from the camera, stick it into a reader and transfer the files onto my hard drive.

The files have already been formatted into JPEGs by the camera. How do I get the RAW version?

I looked through the previous questions posted and the FAQ’s and couldn’t find anything. What am I missing here?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 18, 2004
You must choose to save them as RAW in the camera settings. Not as JPEG.

M
A
A._Amri
Jul 19, 2004
It doesn’t allow me to save the as anything, but according to the ARC 2.2 list, and a review website of Canon, the Powershot S30 does configure in RAW. I can’t figure out how to do that. Maybe my error is in having the flash reader read the card instead of transferring the files via USB 2.0.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 19, 2004
I looked at specs.
Yes, it’s uncompressed save mode is indeed Canon RAW.
Has to have option somewhere in camera menu as WHAT to save as, since also does two or three JPEG versions also.

M
LB
Laurence_Berle
Jul 19, 2004
Having dowloaded the manual from the Canon site I see that on page 64 (of the english version)it refers to setting RAW or JPEG.

Indeed, there are 31 refernces to RAW (using the search function in Adobe reader) and its "usage" mentioned in the manual.

The setting is there so do have a look in the manual and let us know how you get on!

As mentioned by Mac and myself in your other thread what you are looking is a function setting in the camera and nothing to do with how you transfer the images files.

HTH
🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections