CS 4 HDR and Camera Response Curve questions (simple I hope)

BL
Posted By
Bill_Lamp
Jan 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is this the same as the profile created by using a color checker card and a script?

If so, where is it stored so I can tell Merge to HDR where to find it?

Is it created by the calibrate DNG add on? I’m guessing I could plug script created numbers into it and have them saved.

If it is none of the above, how do you make one? Or is this above & beyond user ability, materials, electronics, etc.?

Fuji S-2

Thank you.

Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HB
harold_berm
Jan 2, 2009
HB
harold_berm
Jan 2, 2009
Short answer: the hdr merge function will calibrate your profile, after you load the images into it.
BL
Bill_Lamp
Jan 2, 2009
Harold,

The short answer is good. Actually, it is very good.

I found the differences in color accuracy and computer work time after creating a color profile to be quite noticeable. I have my camera’s profile set to default in ACR. I was wondering about this being something of equal benefit.

Thank you.

Bill
HB
harold_berm
Jan 2, 2009
You’re welcome, I found it confusing when I first started working with hdr also.

I should have posted that it will calibrate your "Camera Response Curve" instead of "profile".
BL
Bill_Lamp
Jan 2, 2009
I read your post to mean "camera response profile" and that to be the same as Camera Response Curve. No harm/confusing done. 🙂

Bill

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections