RP
Posted By
Russell_Proulx
Nov 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In previous versions of PS when you opened the curves adjustment pallette (or added a curves adjustment layer) you could ‘click-point-drag’ your mouse cursor over areas of the image to reveal where on the curve those luminance values resided. With CS4 I cannot seem to make this happen. Whatever tool is enabled in the toolbar remains active and the usual eyedropper does not appear, nor are the values revealed on the slope of the curve.

Ok.. if I hold the Ctrl key down with my left hand (and hold the phone with my shoulder instead) I do get feedback on the image luminance value. But I also seem to keep unintentionally adding points on the curve when all I’m trying to do is determine the luminance range of the subject area…

Is there a preference setting that I’m missing?

Russell

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BT
Barrie_Tumbridge
Nov 8, 2008
The curves adjustment works totally differently in CS4, but in my opinion so much better. When you use the adjustment panel to select your curves layer you will see a hand with a pointing index finger in the top left of the dialogue. Click on that then go to your image and click on the area you want to adjust. You will see the finger change to a double arrow. Holding down the mouse button just drag it up or down to adjust that area and matching areas. So much easier to see exactly what you are doing.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 8, 2008
I seriously think all who have upgraded to CS4 should spend some time studying the videos at <http://www.adobe.com/support/photoshop/>
RP
Russell_Proulx
Nov 8, 2008
Thanks Barrie. It will take a bit of getting use to, but I get it.

John, Since when do guys EVER read the instructions? Why to you think they invented the hammer? <g>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections