Pictures won’t open in photoshop please help!

TM
Posted By
Tiffany Morris
Jun 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to open pictures in photoshop, some wont open because it says they are not a supported file format. Do I need to convert them to jpeg or gif ? I have tried everything and I dont know how to convert in photoshop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DJ
dennis_johnson
Jun 25, 2004
What format are the images that won’t open?
AG
Angelina_Glomb
Jun 25, 2004
Photoshop was working fine. I reloaded Adobe writer because it was not working properly. I downloaded the fixes for the Adobe writer from the Adobe.com website. I downloaded the fixes for my Photoshop 7.0 from the website. Now when I try to open many (not all) pictures in Photoshop 7.0, I get this message in an Alert box

"could not complete your request because of a program error"

I can open these pictures in 6.0. And I discovered that I can open them in Illustrator.

And one of the downloads is "Adjusted Refresh.8BX" now every time I open Photoshop 7.0 it alerts me with "Could not load the Adjusted Refresh module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop.

Anyone out there know the answers?
Angelina
B
BobLevine
Jun 25, 2004
What’s Adobe Writer? Are you referring to a version of Acrobat? If so, which one? PDF writer was a piece of junk and has been dumped several versions ago.

The adjusted refresh plugin is for Photoshop CS only, not Photoshop 7.0.

Bob
TM
Tiffany Morris
Jun 26, 2004
It just says, unknown file format. They are pictures of all kinds of formats and I don tknow how to convert them. Its so confusing
T
Terrat
Jun 26, 2004
Tiffany,

What is the file extension __the last three letters of your image file names? (Is it .psd or .jpg or .png or .gif ?) This information is needed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections