Posted By
Edgar_Conant
Apr 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I just bought CS3 after having spent some time with CS2 at school. FYI, I am still a newb. My problem is that all my pics have a slight pixelation to them when opened in CS3. I know it’s not my pics because I open them in Nikon Capture NX and they are beautifully sharp.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust?

I shoot with a Nikon D80 10.2 mp in case you need to know.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated as I am a bit frustrated with this.

Thanks,

Edgar

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Apr 18, 2007
When you open an image in Photoshop, the document window sizes itself to fit the available space in between the palettes you have open.

With large images, that means the the percent of magnification will be some odd value, say 13.7% or something.

In order to see you image at its best, you must view at 100% (get there quickly by double-clicking on the Magnifying Galss in the Toolbox).

A reasonably smoothed out smaller version will display if the magnification percentage is an even divisor…e.g.: 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 6.25%. Divisors that have an odd factor (i.e.: 66.7% 33.3%, etc) will always look a little wonky, but it doesn’t affect the image data, only the way it is interpolated for display.
EC
Edgar_Conant
Apr 18, 2007
Thanks for the help.

-Edgar

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections