HP PSC 1610 all in one scanner problems. HELP!

CG
Posted By
Charles Gray
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK, the problem is simple– the scanner software refuses to simply *send* an unadjusted image to photoshop– it’s always blowing out detail, making it more sharp, etc.
I don’t want that– I want the base information sent to CS, where I can use the far, FAR superior tools in photoshop, along iwth my eye, to fix any problems. I know this is a software problem, because my much older microtek scanner with the simpler program is giving better (though not a sharp) information.
So, can anyone help me find some program, or work around in HP’s package, to just send as much info as possible, with as little modification as possible? Other than that, it’s an nice little package…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Charley
Jun 1, 2005
Maybe others have some fixes for you. I gave up on HP and Microtek years ago and switched to Epson. My Epsons make the HP’s look like ancient history. I never had an HP that ran longer than about 1 year before it gave up. My oldest Epson is now almost 3 and still providing excellent results. I don’t think I’ve ever had a software or hardware problem with them.

Charley

"Charles Gray" wrote in message
OK, the problem is simple– the scanner software refuses to simply *send* an unadjusted image to photoshop– it’s always blowing out detail, making it more sharp, etc.
I don’t want that– I want the base information sent to CS, where I can use the far, FAR superior tools in photoshop, along iwth my eye, to fix any problems. I know this is a software problem, because my much older microtek scanner with the simpler program is giving better (though not a sharp) information.
So, can anyone help me find some program, or work around in HP’s package, to just send as much info as possible, with as little modification as possible? Other than that, it’s an nice little package…
TH
Tony Hwang
Jun 10, 2005
Charley wrote:

Maybe others have some fixes for you. I gave up on HP and Microtek years ago and switched to Epson. My Epsons make the HP’s look like ancient history. I never had an HP that ran longer than about 1 year before it gave up. My oldest Epson is now almost 3 and still providing excellent results. I don’t think I’ve ever had a software or hardware problem with them.
Hi,
Wonder if you enabled some option(automatic feature) of sort? I use Epson AIO printer.
Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections