CV
Posted By
Chaz_Voight
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can only imagine that this is a PS problem, because the scanner seems to work fine on its own.

I’m running OS 9.2 (dark ages, I know) with Photoshop 6. My scanner is a CanoScan LiDE 80. When i go to import an image from the scanner everything seems to work fine at first, I get my preview image, it makes all the appropriate buzzing and whirling sounds, the status bar moves briskly but not allarmingly so… and then nothing. My scan window closes and the image doesn’t show up. What’s really odd, is that it worked fine one day and then not at all the next. Any insight?

CV

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 14, 2004
I have never used a CanoScan but try trashing any Prefs related to it. If that doesn’t work, try re-installing your Scanner driver software.
NK
Neil_Keller
May 14, 2004
Chaz,

I agree with Ann on this. When an app or utility suddenly fails — and if there have been no system changes, crashes, freezes, dying drives, loose connections, etc.; no other odd behavior, then you should first suspect the software’s preferences went south. Under Mac OS 9.x, they’re generally stored in the System Folder –> Preferences. Unless you had been using the software default settings, you will probably have to reset some parameters.

Neil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections