C
Posted By
chris
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I understand that I should really save photos in .psd format when using Elements 2.
Can anyone suggest a regime for doing this.? I have around 1000 phots, all saved as .jpg’s.
How do I save any new photos from my camera and how do I change them from ..jpg’s to the Elements format all in one? Or do I have to do this with each photo individually?
Any advice appreciated.
Chrisss………

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

HL
Harry Limey
May 15, 2005
"Chrisssssss………" wrote in message
I understand that I should really save photos in .psd format when using Elements 2.
Can anyone suggest a regime for doing this.? I have around 1000 phots, all saved as .jpg’s.
How do I save any new photos from my camera and how do I change them from .jpg’s to the Elements format all in one? Or do I have to do this with
each
photo individually?
Any advice appreciated.
Chrisss………

Firstly you may as well leave the jpgs as they are unless you intend doing further work on them!! If all you are going to do with them is keep them and possibly print them, there is no advantage to changing. The reason for saving as a .psd file is because it is a lossless means of working on a file (you do not lose quality each time you save) As they are already in jpeg format they have already been compressed and some image quality will have already been lost!

Secondly I would suggest you try Irfanview for any batch conversion of images from one format to another! It is a free utility and very straightforward to use…
http://www.irfanview.com/

Harry
J
Jan
May 16, 2005
Chrisssssss……… wrote:
How do I save any new photos from my camera and how do I change them from .jpg’s to the Elements format all in one? Or do I have to do this with each photo individually?
Any advice appreciated.
Chrisss………
Leave them as jpegs.

Jan
E
ehellm
May 16, 2005
Try to look at the size of a photo in .psd format and in .jpg. Psd eats your hard-drive. The good thing about .psd is if you are working on a photo with any number of layers, you want to save it, and work some more another day, You can du that if you save in .psd
E.H.

Chrisssssss……… wrote:
How do I save any new photos from my camera and how do I change them from .jpg’s to the Elements format all in one? Or do I have to do this with each photo individually?
Any advice appreciated.
Chrisss………
C
chris
May 19, 2005
Many thanks for the replies. Very helpful indeed.
Appreciated. Chrisssss…….

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections