SP
Posted By
Scott Parry
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have color information (data sets read from a spectrophotometer) that I need to get into an ACT (color table) file. I am looking for the file format information so I can create such a file (by programming). Do I have to obtain a SDK to get this information? I have been asking the ASN developers this question for almost three weeks and I can’t get an answer. Can somebody help me?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mark Hiers
Aug 4, 2003
ACT = Adobe Color Table
ASN = Adobe Solutions Network. You have to be a dues paying member of ASN to get access to the Photoshop 7 SDK
SP
Scott Parry
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks Burton, but unfortunately I am continually reading colors from a Spectrophotometer (a research project). I have RGB (and LAB) data in a spreadsheet format. All I want to do is convert the data so Photoshop can read it. (With a significant amount of color sets and data it is unrealistic to enter the colors manually).

Does anyone know the data format for an ACT file?
P
Phosphor
Aug 4, 2003
ACT is the wrong format for it.

It sounds like you want to create swatches — those are the .ACO file format.

All of it is documented in the Photohsop SDK.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections