Posted By
david308
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi all,

quick newbie question, I want to confirm if I have to edit a jpeg file, in whatever program, and save it as jpeg again. When I save, should I save as 100% (i.e. no compression) assuming that if I have 20% compression again (as default) it will keep compressing every time I save and will therefore reduce the quality? thanks.

david

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RH
Rick Hughes
Nov 28, 2003
Dave,
If you plan on reediting it a lot you should save it as a .psd, .bmp, or ..tif. Save it as a .jpg when you plan on never editing it again. Rick

"david" wrote in message
hi all,

quick newbie question, I want to confirm if I have to edit a jpeg file, in whatever program, and save it as jpeg again. When I save, should I save as 100% (i.e. no compression) assuming that if I have 20% compression again (as default) it will keep compressing every time I save and will therefore reduce the quality? thanks.

david

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections