SC
Posted By
steve_colby
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a logical explantion as to why, when you SELCT ALL, as in the entire layer, the CONTRACT SELECTION option is diasbaled?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GP
Gene Palmiter
Jun 6, 2004
Nope…seems like something I might want to do.Its been my rule of thumb since day one on the computer that anything I want to do should have been built into the computer or the program….all I have to do is find it. I find it more often than not.

Oh…there it is….do the border…that will bring the marching ants in…then you have the full menu to choose from.

wrote in message
Is there a logical explantion as to why, when you SELCT ALL, as in the
entire layer, the CONTRACT SELECTION option is diasbaled?
O
Ol__Whozit
Jun 7, 2004
Because there is no less contraction of "all." All means ALL…

If you want to contract a selection, you must make a selection that although it may encompass "all," it is not the command of selecting "all."

Computers don’t grasp concepts like "almost" or "except". All is all.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 7, 2004
There’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to select all THEN go back and contract X # of pixels. This annoys the heck outta me too. There’s a workaround though, and I’ve forgotten it. <hanging head in shame>
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 7, 2004
Well, in cs, there’s select> modify> border. I think that’s new. I believe I used to do transform selection and do it manually with the shift key held down (if you only have 7).
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 7, 2004
nope, select > modify> border is there in 7 too. Use that. 🙂
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 8, 2004
Select|All; Select|Tranform Selection.

Make an action.
P
Phosphor
Jun 8, 2004
See Trevor Morris’s solution to the "Contract All" problem <http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop9.shtml>.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 9, 2004
Transform Selection is faster. <shrug>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections