WD
Posted By
William Donelson
Dec 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would NOT like my layer selections to undo when I go back in the history, unless a layer didn’t exist or some such.

I find it very disconcerting to have my layer selection and/or visibility to change when I undo a few steps.

Any way to stop this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Dec 10, 2006
No, absolutely NOT.

That’s what History does.
R
Ram
Dec 10, 2006
You can, however, Save your selection and load it again when it disappears as you go back in time.
WD
William Donelson
Dec 10, 2006
Sorry, I mean "current active layer", not image area selection (as with lasso)

Changing the active layer, or the visibility of a layer does NOT add a step in the history palette, so they are, in effect, "hidden but historical actions"…

Why have them BE historical but NOT APPEAR as historical ?
R
Ram
Dec 10, 2006
Then post #2 does not apply, but post #1 certainly does.

History is just that: history. You go back in time to whatever state you had when you click on that history state.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 11, 2006
You go back in time to whatever state you had when you click on that history state>

or paint with the History Brush from that "State".
WD
William Donelson
Dec 11, 2006
Okay, then is there a way to get Layers Activation and Layers VIsibility APPEAR in the History palette?

It only seems fair, as in the current operation, you cannot back up a Layers op without backing up a bitwise op.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections