A
Posted By
Andrew
May 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I complete the outline with the pen tool, how do I get it to become a selection?
Any help really appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

D
Desktop
May 6, 2007
right click – make selection :/

After I complete the outline with the pen tool, how do I get it to become
a
selection?
E
edjh
May 6, 2007
mailman wrote:
After I complete the outline with the pen tool, how do I get it to become a selection?
Ctrl-Enter (Command-Enter on Mac)

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
PB
Paul Burdett
May 7, 2007
Why would you have photoshop to start with, if you don’t know that!

"mailman" wrote in message

E
edjh
May 7, 2007
Paul Burdett wrote:

Eh? You could say that about 90% of the questions here. Not everyone was born with complete knowledge of all things.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
D
Dave
May 7, 2007
Paul Burdett wrote:

The kind of reaction that should simply be ignored.
Usually coming from the kind of person that contribute nothing with value.

Dave
A
Andrew
May 7, 2007
Thanks to the genuine folks here for the help. I was just a little stuck on that one.
Mailman

J
Joel
May 7, 2007
edjh wrote:

Paul Burdett wrote:

Eh? You could say that about 90% of the questions here. Not everyone was born with complete knowledge of all things.

Hehehe you should have asked him why he’s still alive to start with, if he doesn’t know what life is more pen selection <bg>
PB
Paul Burdett
May 8, 2007
"Joel" wrote in message
edjh wrote:

Paul Burdett wrote:

Hehehe you should have asked him why he’s still alive to start with, if he doesn’t know what life is more pen selection <bg>

"doesn’t know what life is more pen selection"

Not sure that statement above makes sense, but anyhow…I didn’t mean to sound condescending..it’s just that making a selection from a path is pretty basic…just searching Google would bring up the answer, as would a quick look at the help file! I do NOT want to give the impression that I know everything about Photoshop, but it seems that there are a lot of people (including the school students I teach, that are too lazy to find out something for themselves these days, and want an quick answer from someone else). I always do a search on the internet or read the manual before I post questions on a newsgroup.
D
Dave
May 8, 2007
On Tue, 8 May 2007 18:31:00 +1000, "Paul Burdett" wrote:

"Joel" wrote in message
edjh wrote:

Paul Burdett wrote:

Not sure that statement above makes sense, but anyhow…I didn’t mean to sound condescending..it’s just that making a selection from a path is pretty basic…just searching Google would bring up the answer, as would a quick look at the help file! I do NOT want to give the impression that I know everything about Photoshop, but it seems that there are a lot of people (including the school students I teach, that are too lazy to find out something for themselves these days, and want an quick answer from someone else). I always do a search on the internet or read the manual before I post questions on a newsgroup.

Which is true as well, agreed. There are people that leaves searching and experimenting to others, only to rep the crop later. Sorry if I sounded more nasty then meant,
but all of us know Voivod is not the only Voivod around here, so he’s to be blamed:-)

Dave
A
Andrew
May 9, 2007
I read your further comments Paul, and can assure you I did search several forums, tutorials and the help file. Nowhere could I find a page that says…right click Make selection. I aint lazy Paul. I know photoshop more than passing well but the pen is a tool I have never has cause to use. Now I do, which is an indicator of progression in my graphic skills [I think]. Anyway, no harm done and no offence take my friend. But I’ll certainly exhaust all avenues before I ask for help again.

Andrew

"Paul Burdett" wrote in message
"Joel" wrote in message
edjh wrote:

Paul Burdett wrote:

Hehehe you should have asked him why he’s still alive to start with, if he
doesn’t know what life is more pen selection <bg>

PB
Paul Burdett
May 10, 2007
Hi Andrew,

I apologise for what may have seemed like a rude reply to you…put it down to a bad day at work! Good luck with your Photoshop endeavours 🙂 Paul

I read your further comments Paul, and can assure you I did search several forums, tutorials and the help file. Nowhere could I find a page that says…right click Make selection. I aint lazy Paul. I know photoshop more than passing well but the pen is a tool I have never has cause to use. Now I do, which is an indicator of progression in my graphic skills [I think]. Anyway, no harm done and no offence take my friend. But I’ll certainly exhaust all avenues before I ask for help again.

Andrew

"Paul Burdett" wrote in message
"Joel" wrote in message
edjh wrote:

Paul Burdett wrote:

Eh? You could say that about 90% of the questions here. Not everyone was
born with complete knowledge of all things.

Hehehe you should have asked him why he’s still alive to start with, if he
doesn’t know what life is more pen selection <bg>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections