D
Posted By
Darren
Apr 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 7. When I select a shape layer, it gets this white hairline outline around it. Is there any way to turn this off? I find this distracting and I always have to select a different layer each time I make a layer effect change to be able to see it properly. I can tell perfectly well which layer is selected by looking at the layers palette.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
Akuta
Apr 21, 2005
Well, when you create a shape layer it is really creating a path, so my first suggestion would be for you to either rasterize the whole layer or just the vector mask (right click on the layer mask to do just the mask and not the whole layer).
D
Darren
Apr 21, 2005
Thanks! Rasterizing the vector mask was exactly what I needed.

"Akuta" wrote in message
Well, when you create a shape layer it is really creating a path, so my first suggestion would be for you to either rasterize the whole layer or just the vector mask (right click on the layer mask to do just the mask and not the whole layer).
A
Akuta
Apr 21, 2005
No problem. 🙂
E
edjh
Apr 21, 2005
Darren wrote:
Thanks! Rasterizing the vector mask was exactly what I needed.

"Akuta" wrote in message

That’s pretty drastic. When you do that you lose the vector information and it’s not editable as a Shape any more. Why not leave the Paths palette open and just click in it outside the Shape path?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections