GH
Posted By
George Hatsidimitris
Mar 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell me how to save a selection as a vector file. I stroked a selection, saved it as an ai file but when I opened it in Illustrator it was a bitmap.

thanks
George.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
PH
Mar 24, 2005
George Hatsidimitris wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to save a selection as a vector file. I stroked a selection, saved it as an ai file but when I opened it in Illustrator it was a bitmap.

thanks
George.

Use the pen tool, I would say that is the only way.

Peter
H
howldog
Mar 24, 2005
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:50:23 +1100, "George Hatsidimitris" wrote:

stroke selection, then go to Path menu, Make Path, then, export path to Illustrator.

that should work.

good luck.
T
Tacit
Mar 26, 2005
In article <d1svc6$p8r$>,
"George Hatsidimitris" wrote:

Correct.

You can not save anything that is stroked as a vector. The "stroke" command runs a paintbrush along the edge of the selection. The paintbrush paints raster, not vector.

You use the Pen or Shape tool to make a vector object. Save the result as a PDF and then open the PDf in Illustrator, or copy the Pen path to the Clipboard and paste it in Illustrator.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections