C
Posted By
cchambellan
May 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve read all of the threads I could find in this forum regarding the 2-3 minute launch of Photoshop CS. I’m finally getting to play around with CS and here is what I found:
1. Photoshop 7 takes 30 sec to launch the first time & 10 sec subsequent times.
2. Uninstalled PS7 and installed CS in same directory. Same computer system and same plug-ins installed – nothing else changed.
3. CS takes 2 min to launch, hanging at the plug-in scan.
4. Disabled the PGE 5 plug in by adding the ~ to the folder name.
5. Results are improved but nowhere close to PS7. It takes 45 sec to launch CS even after multiple launches.
6. There are quite a few plug-ins (around 20) installed. It seems that while removing PGE 5 made a difference, it did not solve the problem completely. It appears that CS in general takes longer to read through the plug-ins implying that PGE 5 may not be the culprit after all. So, is there more to this than I’m aware of???

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 28, 2004
Yes, CS takes longer – because the newer OS APIs we have to use are not as fast as the (painfully) older APIs we used to use.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections