P
Posted By
PeteBarlow
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Upgraded from PS 7.0.1 to Creative Suite Standard. Re-installed Dreamsuite plug-ins and Knockout 2 and xenofex. PS CS sticks for almost 2 minutes at scanning for plug-ins. Any reason for this or do I need to remove some plug-ins?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Carol_Steele
Oct 31, 2003
To find ou which plugin is causing the slow down I would uninstall all of them and then put them back one at a time – launching Photoshop after every addition plugin has been loaded.

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 31, 2003
Also, as always, make sure Norton SystemWorks RecycleBinProtection isn’t running….

And make sure you don’t have an alias to a network drive or something in the plugins folder, or an excessive number of non-plugin files (artwork, presets, etc.).
P
PeteBarlow
Nov 1, 2003
Thanks – it is actually Auto fx plug ins (Dreamsuite and Photographic Edges)which delay loading by up to 2 minutes so using them as stand alones. By switching on autofx as additional plug in folder loading time goes from 15 seconds to over 2 minutes.

PB
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 4, 2003
I believe they do install a few thousand files in the plugins folder…. (and we have asked them to fix that)
H
harrillj
Nov 4, 2003
I have the exact same problem, and have 4 AutoFX plugs. Too bad… I want to use them as a plugin
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 4, 2003
You can still use them – but move those other (non plugin) files OUT of the plugins folder.
A
AFx
Jan 19, 2004
The only AutoFX plugin that will be causing the slow launch is PGE. It has a large content section that CS for some reason takes longer to scan through. The other programs will not cause the slow launch.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections