HW
Posted By
h_wright
Aug 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Imac; g4,os,10,3,5.Improved loading time (10 min.+) by rparing permissions.Cs now loads in 120+ seconds,but spends 90 seconds scanning for presets. I have not saved anything infact barely used Cs at all. Anyone know whats up or is this normal loading time?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 24, 2004
Remove the unused files from your presets folder.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 24, 2004
You might also try removing some, or all, of the contents of your User/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder.

[Just be sure to Save your particular Styles, Actions, Brushes as named Presets before you do.]
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 24, 2004
The preferences folder shouldn’t take that long, and it should say "reading brushes" or similar while actually reading files from preferences.
HW
h_wright
Aug 25, 2004
When I open program it scans for plugins for a second and then moves on to scan for presets and then eventually moves on tools ,twain, brushes etc and quickly opens . The other thing when I go to the welcome screen in help and try to open ie the tutorial the file cannot be found. So I’m wondering if somehow the original installation failed. When I go to cs settings, cs prefs.psp and try to open , the screen scanning for presets appears and eventually after scanning for a few minutes for presets PS opens accompanied by a screen saying cannot complete request not right document.

Adobe tech support as I said before seemed to think this is OK. Maybe I should just get to work. But it does seem strange. Could having PH7 (not running) have anything to do with it.
HW
h_wright
Aug 25, 2004
Ok, I found the tutorials and can open them from the welcome screen in Imageready. Is that normal – why not from PHCS? I trashed PH 7 perhaps that will help with speed.
HW
h_wright
Aug 27, 2004
Reinstalled ;alls ok.
B
Buko
Aug 27, 2004
I have versions 3 to 8 on my computer. The earlier versions do not conflict with 8. you might want to keep PS7 around as PS8 (CS) does not let you work on scans of new money.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections